Forsyth County Estate Attorney

Probating Out-of-county or out-of-state Estates to convey Real Property in North Carolina

ISSUE: What do you need to do if there is an estate in one county or state and real property held by the decedent in another county?

In the event a person is administering an estate in one county where the decedent died, but the decedent held property in his/her name in another county, one needs to consider an ancillary proceeding in the county or counties where the real property is located. This is necessary for title to pass to the beneficiaries in the estate.

Notice by Publication Tip--in Forsyth County use the Clemmons Courier

I see it regularly. Some poor soul publishes a Creditors Notice for an estate or Notice of Service by Publication in the big paper in Winston-Salem. If they selected the Clemmons Courier or Kernersville paper they would have paid about 1/4 to 1/3 of the price! It's a drastic difference. So if you're an executor of an estate, by all means, advertise in the
Subscribe to RSS - Forsyth County Estate Attorney