Too many times I see landlords who have let a tenant stay in the rental property for several months without paying. This is a huge mistake and will cost you dearly.
Process I recommend:
1. make sure your written leases have a due date for rent.
2. Make sure your lease has a past due date.
3. The day after the past due date, send a letter (keep a copy for litigation, if necessary) stating:
Dear <Tenant>, your rent is past due. You have 10 days to pay the rent <plus late fees (if you're lease permits this)> or we will begin the eviction process. Sincerely, <Landlord>
4. Don't let Tenant sob stories slow you down. Remember, you are not in the business of leasing property as a charity.
5. Call Sanders Law Firm, PLLC if you need assistance with an eviction in Winston-Salem and Forsyth County. We only represent Landlords. Our rates are typically $450 for an eviction in small claims court plus court costs.
· Auto accidents (Car Wrecks)
· Bicycle Accidents (Bike Injury)
· Boating Accidents Attorney
· Choosing a Lawyer
· Criminal Court Cases (Misdemeanors, DWI)
· Medical Malpractice
· Lawyer Malpractice
· Motorcycle Accidents
· NC Dog Bite Cases
· NC Automobile Insurance
· North Carolina Courts
· NC Laws and Cases
· NC Car Insurance
· Private Disability Insurance Claims
· Life Insurance Claims
· Incorporations, LLCs (Limited Liability Company)
· Business Agreements & Litigation
· Collection Cases
· Fiduciary Litigation (Power of Attorney Abuses, Will Caveats, Elder Abuse et al)
Call Sanders Law Firm, PLLC (336) 724-4707, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Statewide Representation