Substitute Trustee Services for NC

If you are a Bank Attorneys looking for a Sustitute Trustee, Hendrick Bryant Nerhood & Sanders PLLC can serve your lender. Josh Dearman is our lead attorney for the substitute trustee services. Call 336-724-4707 or 336-723-7200

In North Carolina, an attorney representing a bank or lender cannot institute a foreclosure proceeding while also continuing to represent the noteholder. To commence a foreclosure proceeding, the noteholder must appoint a substitute trustee and record notice of such appointment in the office of the register of deeds in the county in which the property is located.

A substitute trustee acts as a neutral party and does not represent the lender or borrower. The substitute trustee is responsible for instituting the foreclosure proceeding and selling the property once ordered to do so by the clerk of court.

The attorneys at Hendrick Bryant Nerhood & Sanders, LLP accept substitute trustee appointments throughout the Piedmont Region of North Carolina.

If you represent a lender who needs substitute trustee services, please contact attorney Josh Dearman at 336-723-7200 or

Our counties include: Forsyth, Guiilford, Alamance, Mecklenburg, Gaston, Iredell, Rowan, Wataugua, Wilkes, Surry, Rockingham, Stokes, Randolph, Davidson, Davie, Yadkin, Alexander, Alleghany, Ashe, Moore, Cabarrus, Stanley, Catawba, & Lincoln. We will go outside these counties, especialy if you regularly use our services, in that event, we will discuss statewide coverage.

See N.C.G.S. § 45-10 or more information on substitution of trustees in mortgages and deeds of trust.

In the event we become your lender's substitute trustee, we request that you use the firm as the named substitute trustee: Hendrick Bryant Nerhood & Sanders LLP.

Call today to discuss your needs. 336-723-7200