WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -A pedestrian died Thursday, June 8th at 7:30am, after being hit by an SUV on Business 40, Winston-Salem police said.
The crash happened near the eastbound ramp for Silas Creek Parkway. The deceased was Victoria Lynn Evans, 45.
From a legal standpoint several issues appear in this question: Was the pedestrian negligent and/or contributorily negligent? This part of the highway is not intended for pedestrians (based on the picture). There is no traffic cross walk for pedestrians. In addition, it appears she stepped into traffic without heeding the right-of-way.** All based reports from WXII.com: “The woman had stepped off the curb and onto the road before being hit by the SUV, police said.”
This would NOT be the type of wrongful death matter that my firm would accept based on the possible negligence/contributory negligence of the pedestrian. Sympathies to the deceased’s family and those driving the vehicles.
· Auto accidents (Car Wrecks)
· Bicycle Accidents (Bike Injury)
· Boating Accidents Attorney
· Medical Malpractice
· Motorcycle Accidents
· Private Disability Insurance Claims
· Life Insurance Claims
· Incorporations, LLCs (Limited Liability Company)
· Business Agreements & Litigation
· Collection Cases
· Fiduciary Litigation (Power of Attorney Abuses, Will Caveats, Elder Abuse et al)
Call Sanders Law Firm, PLLC (336) 724-4707, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Statewide Representation