This year, 2012, will be an important election year for judges. One Forsyth County race of importance is the Judge Chester Davis seat. Judge Davis is retiring.
Of the two candidates, David Sipprell, is the clear choice, in my opinion. Here’s why:
1) Sipprell has experience as a long time Assistant District Attorney.
2) He understands the issues and can apply to the facts of a case. In other words, he will be a sound judge. This should always be the priority when choosing a judge.
3) To demonstrate attorneys good opinion of David Sipprell, a judicial opinion survey was done with attorneys in NC, the Winston-Salem Journal reported the following: Ramsey and “Sipprell, a Forsyth County assistant district attorney, tied for the highest rankings among the six candidates for Forsyth District Court”
Meantime, the other person running for the Davis Seat, Amy Allred, has some allegations, including:
1) In the same article and poll of attorneys described above ”Out of the six candidates running for seats in Forsyth District Court, Amy Allred ranked the lowest”
2) This was this followed by an article in the Winston-Salem Journal where Amy Allred concerning allegations and incident reports with the police in the following article: http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2012/oct/18/4/former-boyfriend-filed-domestic-violence-police-re-ar-2706262/
In that article it discusses two incidents where Ms. Allred allegations regarding stalking her boyfriend, Amundson. Mr. Amundson both times called the polices, he refused to press charges. In the policie incident reports "Mr. Amundson stated that he was in fear for his safety and emotional well-being," the police report said. "It should be noted that while talking to Mr. Amundson, he was shaking and stated he was fearful of prosecuting Ms. Allred. When asked why he was afraid, Mr. Amundson stated that Ms. Allred would seek some sort of retribution."
Please vote this election & Vote for David Sipprell.